The development of 12no. houses was a collaboration between Home (South) and Guildford City Council to replace 7no. 1950's Airey Houses in the rural settlement near Guildford. This required extensive public consultation, with particular regard to the existing residents who were temporarily relocated while their properties were redeveloped.
The roof forms reflect the local vernacular and are articulated to take advantage of the southern aspect. The dwellings comply with Housing Quality Indicators (HQI), Scheme Development Standards (SDS), Secure by Design and gained an EcoHomes Very Good rating.
© rba architects 2016