An existing 1950's classroom block, located opposite the main school building was demolished to make space for this new 2 classroom building. The site, restricted by several buildings and mature trees, had to be designed efficiently within these constraints.
The design combines traditional design with contemporary features. The public facing elevations were constructed in traditional brickwork with a tiled roof, whilst the elevation to the school's playground was timber cladded with a stepped zinc roof, which allowed for high level windows to improve the natural daylight provision within the teaching space.
© rba architects 2016